Saturday 2 March 2013

Revamped (Angel Creek #1) by Ada Adams


Published: February 20 2012
Pages: 291
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13495219-revamped

Revamped is about a 19 year old girl named Dawn, and right from the beginning we know that she is a vampire, however, what I love about this novel is that it is not a "typical" YA vampire novel. Dawn is the daughter of the daughter of the vampire President, and vampires and humans live in full knowledge of each other. As Dawn is the daughter of the President, he has kept her quite close to the estate that they live, and she is an instructor for the younger vampires, and we see her leading them in a defence session.

Dawn's one dream was to be given an assignment off of the estate, but her father has always been reluctant to do so for fear of something happening to her. One day her father does give her an assignment, and that is to go to Angel Creek, a town not far from the estate, and to get a guardian team together to replace the team that has recently left.

When Dawn gets to Angel Creek, lets just say that she is shocked to find the people that she is assigned to train are far less prepared to be guardians than she thought they would be. This is when the majority of the cast of characters are introduced, and I have to say that I really enjoyed them all, and all of them for different reasons.

From here on in the novel it is pretty fast paced, and truly left me wanting more, and I cannot wait to read the second novel. There are twists and turns in this story that I really did not see coming, and they were fantastic! I have not read a book with the same story line as this, and I wish I could write about it so I could explain how awesome it really is, but it would ruin everything so I can't, but let me just say this, you NEED to get this book as soon as possible and read it!

Absolute 5/5 for me! Well done Ada for an ending like that, loved it and hated it all at the same time.




No comments:

Post a Comment