Friday 16 August 2013

The Marriage Bargain (Marriage to a Billionaire #1) by Jennifer Probst


Published: September 4 2012 by Gallery Books
Pages: 272
Source: Purchased

SYNOPSIS

A marriage in name only...

To save her family home, impulsive bookstore owner Alexa Maria McKenzie casts a love spell. But she never planned on conjuring up her best friend's older brother - the powerful man who once shattered her heart.

Billionaire Nicholas Ryan doesn't believe in marriage, but in order to inherit his father's corporation, he needs a wife and needs one fast. When he discovers his sister's childhood friend is in dire financial straits, he offers Alexa a bold proposition.

A marriage in name only with certain rules: Avoid entanglement. Keep things all business. Do not fall in love. The arrangement is only for a year so the rules shouldn't be that hard to follow, right?

Except fate has a way of upsetting the best-laid plans...


MY REVIEW

This book was so cute! Exactly what I needed right now. The characters were completely realistic, I mean I want to be Alexa, she gets to own a bookstore, and he married to a hottie?? Not fair lol!

I wasn't sure at first if I wanted to start this series as there has been a lot of hype around it, and a lot of the time when I read a really hyped up book, they do not live up to what I am expecting, but this one did and I am very happy about that.

There was everything all rolled in to one in this book, humour, drama, family, love, friendship, and especially character growth. When the book first starts Nick is a very stand-offish type person who does not seem like he opens up to anyone, or anything (won't even have a pet). He is in a relationship, but that does not mean that he has opened up to her either, he keeps everyone on a very superficial level. By the end of the novel, he has very much come in to himself with Alexa's help, and it suits him really well!

Alexa has a hard time opening up to Nick, especially when he continuously makes it apparent to her that the agreement that they have is business only, and there should be nothing personal that should be shared. I really like Alexa, she very much makes sure that everyone else is taken care of before herself, even if she gets the short end of the stick because of it. 

The situations that came in to play in this book were also very realistic, and I enjoyed the give and take between their relationship, every relationship has it's bumps in the road that you need to endure together. I have the next book in this series, and I know what I will be starting today! I give this one a 5/5, if you are looking for a great romance novel, this one is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment