Saturday 14 December 2013

Selling Scarlett (Love, Inc #1) by Ella James


Source: Purchased

SUMMARY

Elizabeth DeVille doesn't belong at a party like this - one where the gowns cost more than her Camry and cigars run higher than her grad school utility bills. Dragged out of seclusion by her best friend Suri, Elizabeth if merely playing dress-up, rubbing elbows with a crowd that banished her troubled family years ago.

Hunter West is tired. Tired of parties, tired of pretending, and tired of trying to right a wrong that haunts him every day. Bourbon heir and professional poker player by day, by night Hunter is gambling with his life in a high-stakes game of crime and blackmail.

When Elizabeth stumbles into Hunter's den of vices, she's a light in the darkness, a flame in the void. And, just like everything he touches, Hunter mars her in record time. To rectify the damage done, Elizabeth needs money she doesn't have, and she's come up with a foolproof way to get it.

Follow Elizabeth - code name Scarlett - to the lush Nevada brothel where she'll auction her virginity and risk the only thing that's not for sale: her heart. The highest bidder is a familiar face, with wicked hands and the devil's mouth. And a secret so dark it could cost her life.


REVIEW

When I first read the summary I was really intrigued as to what this book would offer, I was really hopeful as it sounded really interesting, and not like anything that I have read before, and I am happy to say that I was not let down! I really enjoyed the characters (even the nasty ones), and there was everything in here, romance, action, mystery, and blackmail.

I loved that the whole way through I was trying to figure out who was doing what to who, and why they were doing it, and how it would all work out in the end, I love when a book can keep me going like that. Hunter is definitely not perfect, but I think that he grew a lot during the course of the story. Also Elizabeth was pretty innocent to a lot of things in life when the story first started, and by the end she has her eyes opened, and I think she grew right along with Hunter which I love to see in stories.

The whole brothel part of the story is something I would never know about, but I am sure that places like this do exist for exclusive members, especially right outside Las Vegas, and the way that Ella was able to write about the scenery in the mansion and how it was set up and how everything worked was fantastic! 

I can't really give anymore away without spoiling the story, but if you are looking for a good weekend read, I highly recommend that you pick this one up! It gets a 4/5 from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment